What is Job Footprint?
Job Footprint aims at significantly improving the approach to Corporate Environmental Sustainability complementing the traditional top-down approach by a bottom-up one. This is achieved by giving the means to every employee to monitor and diminish the impact on the environment of their own activities at work. With an innovative approach, based on employee engagement and empowerment, new ideas and best practices can rapidly be shared and implemented across the organisation in order to diminish the work-related impact on the climate and the environment. To achieve this, Job Footprint delivers every month an environmental diagnostic, for every employee and every team, automatically calculated thanks to the data the employer already has (business travel bills, printer usage, daily commute distance, office consumable purchases, waste generated by the cafeteria etc). This allows employees to understand which of their job-related activities have the strongest impact on climate. Making use of gamification features and best practice sharing platform, Job Footprint engages individuals and teams to get inspired by each other in order to make their work habits more sustainable.
How does Job Footprint support sustainability managers?
Job Footprint does not write your sustainability report nor interfere with your external communication. Our purpose is not to sell you carbon offsets but to actually help you dimish your impact on the climate.
Job Footprint is a tool to help sustainability managers to be more effective in engaging other employees to change their behaviour at work in a way that is better for the environment but does not interfere with their tasks.
Somehow, it is like inventing the painting brush, of course, it can help anyone paint better but those who already have notions of colours, light, perspective, spatial composition, will actually make the best out of it. However, it can also help those organisations who are in the very early phases of their path towards sustainability, getting started.
Is Job Footprint for my organisation?
Job Footprint is for every organisation: private company, administration, NGO, university, but right now Job Footprint focuses on those with at least 200 employees. It is best suited for those who aim at diminishing their indirect emissions (Scope 3 in reporting jargon).
If the climate impact of your organisation is mainly due to the behaviour of the employees (business travels, commute, office supplies…), then Job Footprint is specially designed for you.
Why does it matter?
Maybe you think that office workers do not cause much greenhouse gas emissions. This a very common misconception due to the fact that office work, unlike many industries, never appears as such in national and international carbon accounting.
In fact, depending on the estimates and the companies, office workers are considered to cause between 4 and 7 tons of CO₂ emissions per year. In a country like Sweden, there are 2 300 000 office workers, that is 23% of the total population. This represents at least 9 million tons of CO₂ emitted by Swedish office workers every year. This is the equivalent of 17% of Sweden’s emissions. This is far from being negligible.
What are the different Job Footprint offers?
Depending on your organisation’s ambition to tackle indirect emissions and engage employees in more sustainable behaviours, Job Footprint offers different plans. All of these require a starting fee and a monthly fee to keep receiving the monthly reports. At any point, you can decide to increase or decrease your plan. Do not hesitate to contact us for pricing information.
I am interested, how does it work?
It is quite simple and there are only a few steps to follow.
- Contact us so we can start discussing your needs and come up with the best-suited solution.
- We perform a feasibility study by interviewing several staff members (HR, accounting and IT) in order to assess which are the data that are available at your organisation, how the Job Footprint tools can access them, which are the activities of your employees you wish to see covered. We can then make you several offers.
- We agree together on the carbon intensity of the different activities of your organisation, based on your annual sustainability report and the Job Footprint methodology.
- Our tech team comes to your company to install the system and integrate it into the tools your organisation works with on a daily basis.
- On a regular basis, we reassess together your needs, the new data available and the carbon intensity of the different activities, in order to take into account the changes your organisation has implemented. We can also reassess the climate strategy of your organisation.
What does it look like?
If you wish to see how the Job Footprint tools look like, please contact us so we can send you the password to our demo page